1. How long have you been working as an artist?
I have worked as an “Artist” since I was young. I sold my first painting through a Gallery in Melbourne when I was 15.
I have been in the Tattoo industry since May 2012 as an apprentice but have been physically tattooing for 9 months now.
2. What’s your favourite thing about being a tattoo artist?
My favorite thing about being a tattoo artist would have to be having an outlet for my art and actually being paid for it. Tattooing definitely doesn’t feel like work.
3. What is your favourite tattoo style?
My favorite Tattoo style would have to be Neotraditional, I feel like it doesn’t have as many rules as some of the other styles.
4. What was your first tattoo?
My first tattoo was a Scottish Lion that has thistles at each end with a banner in the middle with my Grandpas name in it. I designed it myself.
5. What are your hobbies/interests outside of work?
My hobby was always drawing and art which ultimately became my job. So I guess now my hobby is trying to get outdoors and off my arse (or ass) as much as possible!
6. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Melbourne but moved to the Gold Coast when I was 3 and lived there ever since.
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a Director and make Stop Motion Animated movies (like Tim Burton who is still my idol).
8. Who is your favourite tattoo artist?
My favorite tattoo artist’s are Rachi Brains and Tommy Montoya, I can’t choose between them they are both amazing at what they do.
9. What are you most looking forward to during your time in Sydney?
I’m most looking forward to pretending to drown so the bondi rescue life guards can save me..(haha)
Coming in at a close second would have to be how much I am also looking forward to being able to work with and learn off some amazing artists I normally wouldn’t have the opportunity to meet.
10. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
I would preferably like to still be alive (haha) and traveling the world, working as the best possible tattoo artist I can be.